Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Faux Thin Mints out of Ritz Crackers

I saw this receipe at
and had most of the ingredients, so I thought I would give it a try. The taste was surprisingly similar to the Thin Mints that you buy from the Girl Scouts, but was chewy. Who would have thought a cracker could me made into a cookie!
I tweaked the ingredients from the original recipe as I did not have Milk Chocolate Chips by using the full bag of Dark Chocolate Chips and adding 2 TBSP margarine and 2 TBSP milk.
Ingredients:
  • 1 bag Dark Chocolate or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1 box of Ritz Crackers
  • 2 TBSP Margarine
  • 2 TBSP Milk
  • 2 TBSP Peppermint Extract

My recipe resulted in 30 cracker/cookies.

Melt the margarine and chocolate chips in a double boiler (or the equivalent) then add in 2 TBSP peppermint extract and mix.

Add in 2 TBSP milk and stir until fully mixed.

To coat the crackers, I put them in the chocolate and lightly turned them over and covered each with chocolate with a spoon, then put on a parchment lined piece of wax paper to cool. After they cooled off for about 5 mins, I stuck them in freezer for about 10 minutes then served them.

No comments:

Post a Comment