Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

PAPER BAG MUSHROOM

Make a low-to-no cost lawn decoration using an small paper bag. I saw this project over at one of my favorite blogs, Dollar Store Crafts, and knew this would be perfect for the decorating the outside of our house. http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2009/07/make-paper-bag-mushrooms/ Items used:
  • Small paper bag or lunch sack
  • Bamboo skewers or sticks
  • Hot glue gun
  • Scissors

Probaby goes without saying that you wouldn't want to use a lunch sack that had any sort of anything that leaked, dripped or permeated the bag as it would attract bugs and varmits, but I have teen in my house that unless you indicate things explictly, he tries to get me on the technicality "but you never said that!" so I will just go ahead and say it.

There is a detailed photo tutorial at the following:http://www.dougrhodehamel.com/how_to_make_mushrooms.php

I varied mine slighly as I did not use any rubber bands as I wanted mine more poofy and offbeat for what is going to turn into the fairy garden under the eaves outside of my garage, but rubber bands would likely produce a more true-to-life looking one.

I also cut the bottom 2 inches off of the bag as I wanted it shorter and used a wooden skewer that is used for holding carmel apples.

1 comment: