Bookmark and Share

Friday, April 16, 2010

Gingered Pork with Mushrooms



















Great way to add a dash of flavor to lesser grades of pork.  

This got rave reviews when I served it and I have been requested to serve it again and my son, who is a very picky eater, said "don't change a thing!".  I served this with quick cook rice and 1 can of green beans.

I had purchased a pound of pork that was cut into cubes at a deep discount (was under $2) which I assume was leftover pieces for a stew of sorts and went in search on the web of ideas on how to use it when I came across this recipe at Recipezaar http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Pork-Chops-Yum-Yum-95222.  I didn't have all of the ingredients that it called for but I decided to give it a try, so I adapted it into the following:

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound of pork (may work with other meats as well)
  • Non-stick cooking spray
  • 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 Tablespoon salsa or ketchup
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and if you use fresh mushrooms slice into pieces (I used button mushrooms and  sliced mine vertically).













To make sauce, mix the honey, soy sauce, salsa or ketchup, ginger and garlic salt in a small container or bowl.













Use non-stick cooking spray to saute the pork and the mushrooms over medium high heat for 8-12 mins or until the meat is fully cooked.














Spray a casserole dish or 9X9 in pan with non-stick cooking spray then put in sauteed meat and mushroom and pour sauce over them and toss to coat all the pieces, then bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.














No comments:

Post a Comment