Bookmark and Share

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Afaze Fillagree Oval Bracelet















Ok, I know this isn't a craft or creation, but I wanted to share it nonetheless.   I thankfully started a new job at the end of March and haven't have much time for crafting, but hopefully will have some time this afternoon as I have slew of project that I geared up for while I was out of work that I haven't had a chance to execute.

Back to the bracelet...I was one of ten winners of the Afaze Bracelet Giveaway hosted by Carly over at Chic Steals.   I am a follower of her blog and she has a lot of awesome DIYs to get the designer look for less. If you have a minute, pop on over there and check out her blog click here.

I got the bracelet in the mail on Thursday and it the picture doesn't do it justice - it is very lovely and it sparkles when the faceted cuts catch the light.  It reminds me something that you would have seen on the 80's TV series "Dynasty"- it is glam but also being a little bit goth, which I really like in a piece of jewelry.

The pieces are sturdy, but not as heavy as they look and it was comfortable to wear.  The pieces are connected with clear elastic, which makes it easy to put on and take off.  The retail price on the bracelet was $12 so it is an affordable price.


I liked it so much I have have been browsing Afaze's website to consider purchasing other items in the future as my budget allows.

I did find a pair of Chain Link Sunglasses that I like that are only $8, but the crafter in me is telling me I need to go to the Dollar Store and see about buying stuff to DIY this myself for $2-3 dollars as it is something I would only wear on the weekends.

1 comment: