Bookmark and Share

Friday, April 20, 2012

"Life Is A Highway" Nails

These were inspired by the nail art below by Frippery Digits.  The "LIFE" lettering is based on the popular board game of the same name.

I changed mine up a bit from the original project and spelled out "LIFE" on the index through pinky nails then put a black highway with white dots in the center and silver for the shoulder of the road. 


I used 7 different nail polish colors and a thin brush dipped in white polish for the lettering to achieve this look, but you could be creative and change it up any way you would like.

On the right hand side I painted the lettering upside down and on the right I painted it right side up. 

Getting the lettering to look decent on you own nails is tricky and I had to do some nails more than once - if I do this again I am going to try printing the lettering out on a label, cut out the lettering with an X-Acto knife and then stick it to the nail after applying the different colors to give it a more professional appearance.

If anyone out there tries this, I would love to see how yours turns out.

Happy crafting:)

No comments:

Post a Comment