Bookmark and Share

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dylon Permanent Fabric Dye - Disappointing Results



I purchased the above obnoxiously bright coral skirt on sale at Target for around $5 after a coupon as I liked the look (but not the color) and used a coupon for 40% off one item at Hobby Lobby to buy Dylon Permanent Fabric Dye in Intense Purple as I had not tried the brand before and I liked the color.

I processed as directed on the package but very unhappy with the results.  I am well aware that unless you start with a white garment it is hard to tell what the end result will be and you also have to take into consideration the content of the fabric; cotton will absorb color but other items, especially polyester, may not take as well or at all.   As the skirt is 100% cotton I did expect it to absorb the color and expected a much darker result than I achieved.

Additionally, you can only dye 1/2 pound of fabric in a 4 cup mixture of water/dye, which is half of other dyes I have used, such as RIT, where it takes one box for one pound of fabric, which makes this product double the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment