Bookmark and Share

Sunday, April 27, 2014

DIY Crate and Barrell Spin Vase


This DIY cost almost nothing to make and the glossy see-through look makes the flowers look fresh.

I spotted this project on Dollar Store Crafts and the tutorial is on The Budget Decorator

Items I used were
  • Empty clear glass jar 
  • Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks (I used 3 1/2 sticks)
This is simple enough that an older child (with supervision) could make one and pick out some flowers to put it - the above bouquet was only $4 at our local Kroger.

You could use any clear glass container and a different shape could give it a more exotic looks, but I used an empty salsa jar with the label soaked off and then dried.  

I plugged in the glue gun and I started at the bottom of the jar about an inch up and held it in my left hand and the glue gun in my right and tilted it slightly on a desk and pressed the glue gun against the glass and pulled the trigger and started turning it applying the glue horizontally around the circumference of the jar until I got to the top.

Once the glue dried I finished applying the glue around the bottom of the jar and it was done.

After completing and seeing the results, I think it looks better where the glue was only lightly applied (at the bottom)  instead of more heavily (middle to the top).


Happy Crafting:)

Linking up to:
DIYShowOff
DIY Party at DIY Showoff


No comments:

Post a Comment